Props for my 33 express

Special K's

Reaction score
Repowered my 33 with 300 Yamahas. Have 17 pitch props and not at all happy with full load ocean fishing fuel burn. All suggestions welcome that are like for like. 300 Yamaha’s and canyon full load fishing. Thank you- Gary

everwhom

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
What is your best cruise & WOT RPM and GPH?

I have the F250 offshores on my 330 Express (same engine with different ECM, but should pretty much be propped the same). I'm running 15" Mercury Thunderbolt (same prop as the Mirage) and I'm pretty happy with them. I'm getting 1.1 mpg (statute) best cruise at about 30mph. WOT I'm getting about 40mph at 5500 RPM - like .8mpg or thereabouts.

I've seen some reports that show 1.2mpg, but I've only seen that with a tail wind.

nuketech007

Reaction score
Repowered my 33 with 300 Yamahas. Have 17 pitch props and not at all happy with full load ocean fishing fuel burn. All suggestions welcome that are like for like. 300 Yamaha’s and canyon full load fishing. Thank you- Gary
When did you re-power? We are looking to re-power too. Good to know about the 17 pitch cause that’s what we have now on our 225. Was hoping to save some money on the props..

www.hoabinhct.com

SmokyMtnGrady

Reaction score
I would turn 4 blade props on that boat. I don't know if you are or not. A friend of mine had an expression 330 and repowered with 300s. He used mercury 4 blade..I don't the size.

4 blade props add low and mid range performance and a nudge of stern lift. We noticed better fuel economy at cruise with a 4 blade prop but a loss of 1 mph at the top end.

everwhom

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Ken at PropGods recommended the 15" Mercury Mirage (aka Quicksilver Thunderbolt) or the OFS Powertech OFX4's for 4 blade. He didn't recommend the 15" Rev 4's as he had some bad experiences with them (though he highly recommends the higher pitch Rev 4's)

He's super knowledgeable and well worth contacting. I've bought several props from him -- good competitive prices and outstanding service.