Props

wrxhoon

Reaction score
I have several Mercury props that I would like to try on my 4.2 Yamaha.
Merc use the flow-torq hub kits on their shafts . I think I can use my Merc props on the Yam but I'm not familiar what Yam use.
Would the Merc hub kit fit ? Do I need a different hub kit? I know the that's are the same diameter and the same amount of teeth.
Some of you guys that have worked with various brand outboards maybe able to enlighten me?
I appreciate any comments, thanks in advance .
I have a few of the kits shown here, as you can see Merc don't always use cotter pins, they mostly use tan washers.

1584850624285.png

HTHM

Reaction score
I had a blown Yamaha motor on my bass boat and changed it to a mercury optimax. The props fit perfectly. 1997 Yamaha to 2003 Optimax.

wrxhoon

Reaction score
Thanks for the reply .
I know the the Yamaha prop will fit merc they have the same shaft 15 tooth spline. If your prop was old it would have a pressed bush.
My question is will the flow-torq hub that the Merc props use to fit on the Merc shaft fit the Yamaha shaft, not sure if you need a different thrust washer . Sorry if the question above wasn't clear.

Lite Tackle

Reaction score
Model
Seafarer
I have several Mercury props that I would like to try on my 4.2 Yamaha.
Merc use the flow-torq hub kits on their shafts . I think I can use my Merc props on the Yam but I'm not familiar what Yam use.
Would the Merc hub kit fit ? Do I need a different hub kit? I know the that's are the same diameter and the same amount of teeth.
Some of you guys that have worked with various brand outboards maybe able to enlighten me?
I appreciate any comments, thanks in advance .
I have a few of the kits shown here, as you can see Merc don't always use cotter pins, they mostly use tan washers.

View attachment 11558

I was looking at the Mirage Plus, 48-19838 15P (Thunderbolt is early model but same prop) as well as the ENERTIA STAINLESS STEEL 15 X 15 RH, 48-8M0095888. Both are available for use with the Yamaha 4.2L with a Flo-Torq-Hub kit.

Reactions: wrxhoon

wrxhoon

Reaction score
Thanks for the reply and the link.
From what I understand this kit (835274Q1 Flo-Torq II Hub Kit Yamaha)
will suit Yamaha as far as I can tell the only difference from the kit I posted is the forward thrust washer. Can you confirm ? If thats the case I can just get that rather than the whole kit. I have several of them kits.
In my implication I find 17" pitch is ideal, are you using 15" on yours?
I have Enertia in 17", 18" &19" and 4 blade Vensura in 19"&21".
In my old boat with 250 Merc Optimax I found Enertia 18" the best but the Merc had more power at low to mid RPM.

Looks like I can buy the kit here for $AU71.45 including shipping.

Lite Tackle

Reaction score
Model
Seafarer
Currently, I have a Yamaha SWII, 15 3/4X17P. Am reaching 5600, trimmed. Planning to raise motor before I determine the need to reprop.