Puck marks in hull

DennisG01

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Offshore
Yup, agree - blistered. It's fixable, but there's a lot of time and labor involved there. On the other hand, if you're only going to be trailer boating, it's not as big of a deal and you can run the boat like that for many, many years - assuming, as mentioned above, you buy it for the right price.

You "could" fix it on the cheap (still done structurally sound) and just throw some bottom paint on it, though. Grind, then fill/fair with thickened epoxy. You don't have to be perfect with the fairing since you'll put bottom paint over it anyways (ideally, a barrier coat first). Plus, since it's only a 19-footer, it'd be really easy to get it off the trailer in your driveway.

In other words, you've got options - compare price to other boats that you could buy without the blisters and your skill set and time.

Fishtales

Reaction score
That hull is toast. Keep looking.

Gunnar

Reaction score
Model
Sailfish
Thank you all for confirming my apprehension with buying this boat.

Gunnar

Reaction score
Model
Sailfish
Yup, agree - blistered. It's fixable, but there's a lot of time and labor involved there. On the other hand, if you're only going to be trailer boating, it's not as big of a deal and you can run the boat like that for many, many years - assuming, as mentioned above, you buy it for the right price.

You "could" fix it on the cheap (still done structurally sound) and just throw some bottom paint on it, though. Grind, then fill/fair with thickened epoxy. You don't have to be perfect with the fairing since you'll put bottom paint over it anyways (ideally, a barrier coat first). Plus, since it's only a 19-footer, it'd be really easy to get it off the trailer in your driveway.

In other words, you've got options - compare price to other boats that you could buy without the blisters and your skill set and time.
So Dennis, if I bought the boat, I would only be trailering it. No slips for that boat. You think it would be structurally sound for quite some time?

mr_mbuna

Reaction score
There are too many boats in the world to own one that looks like that.