Pulled trigger~ 98 GW Adventure

mac83

Reaction score
Model
Adventure
Finally pulled trigger after a long process and almost buying a couple different boats. It's been a long road to find one in good shape but well worth the money spent. It's 1998 GW Adventure with Hardtop. 1997 Yamaha Saltwater Series II. One owner boat with all service records.

E9EotlIx_quoli5itOG9vA

mac83

Reaction score
Model
Adventure
Used snapfish... Not sure why it posted that way

Sharkbait282

Reaction score
Welcome to the party Mac! Boat looks like it'll clean up well. Little bit of bottom paint and you should be good to get back in the water!

Bob.

steveditt

Reaction score
Congrats , I have the same boat without HT ,same engine , not sure if you
have the brown dash and side panels I removed mine and had a body shop paint them and off white .This year installed hydraulic pistons for the bait and cooler boxes same as the newer 208's have !

against the wind

Reaction score
hi... as ==As i posted before, if you dont mind me asking how much did the boat and trailor cost you.. reason why im asking is because im working on buying the same type of boat myself.. thanks

mac83

Reaction score
Model
Adventure
I paid $13800. I was pretty happy with that price. Some small things that I need to fix but hey, that's a boat. Survey on hull and motor was good and it has a hardtop...crazy thing is, feels just as heavy as my 226 felt behind my tow vehicle.

Couple things I need to replace:
- cushions in cabin have a couple rips
- raw water pump didn't work
- need one new battery
- s&s marine did hardtop : one small crack on one of their welds. I'm going to contact them to see about warranty on work.

Yea, the brown dash is ugly... I'm planning on doing these me thing. Did you get the color code from Grady?

Michigan Brian

Reaction score
Model
Adventure
Congrats!! sounds like a very fair price.

I paid a lot more for mine, but that as almost 10 years ago. Mine has very low hours and never been in salt water and never slipped

been a great boat

against the wind

Reaction score
thank u mac83 for sharing that price... She looks like a real clean boat. im looking at a 99 same motor with about 500 hrs. owner wants 14k firm with hardtop also, but no trailer. he is only giving me a week to think about it,then he is putting it back on the market with a long island dealer.. I too do not know if i should pull the trigger. This boat also is in very nice shape. If anyone else wants to jump in please do , i could use some opinions.... thanks guys

mac83

Reaction score
Model
Adventure
Mine was without trailer also...I had my trailer from my old Seafarer 226 that i got rid of. It's hard to put a price on that hardtop. I'm glad I jumped on the one that I got.

against the wind

Reaction score
just seems alittle steep for a almost 20 year old boat . im thinking about 11 to 12k tops.

mac83

Reaction score
Model
Adventure
In SE Virginia, ones with a hardtop come with a premium price