Purchased my first grady white f26 tigercat in love!!!!

Reaction score
Despite all the negative comments and posts on the hull truth I bought a 98 f26 tigercat!! It runs excellent and is powered by twin 150 saltwater series yamahas, boat was a 1 owner boat with 345 hours what would a good price have been to pay even though I already purchased? Thank you

Reaction score
2 pics

Attachments

• 20150810_125119.jpg
    20150810_125119.jpg
    892.7 KB · Views: 3,632
  • 20150810_143801.jpg
    20150810_143801.jpg
    829 KB · Views: 3,632

VeroWing

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Congratulations on your new boat! Maybe you can show us some better pics that are right side up, but she looks nice from what I can see. I'll bet she'll handle nicely once you get over the learning curve for operating a cat type vessel. Wishing you fair seas with her!

Rangoonb

Reaction score
Congrats on your new boat! A fair price is a price you are content with. One man's 10 bucks is another 10 cents. I've never spent much time wondering about a better price if what I bought is what I wanted and the price was OK with me.

Reaction score
Definitely agree with you on that, it was a single owner with 345 hours, boat is in excellent condition, also came with a new triple axle trailer I paid 18k

Grady_Crazy

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Little Help
GW1_zpshimkgnuw.jpg

GW2_zpsa1ugbqil.jpg

Grady_Crazy

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
powerstrokingrob said:
Despite all the negative comments and posts on the hull truth I bought a 98 f26 tigercat!!

They're just jealous over there, sour grapes!

sour grapes
1.used to refer to an attitude in which someone adopts a negative attitude to something because they cannot have it themselves.

Daman858

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Hope you enjoy your TC! There are those keyboard commodores on THT that would flame you if you bought your 2 year old a plastic bathtub boat.

Reaction score
Thanks for helping me with pics!! I will say it takes a little to get use to the steering trimming motors etc but when shes dialed in she plows through 4 foot waves like butter, could not be happier with the boat!!! Thanks for the warm welcome gentleman Im a new proud grady white owner!!!!

Meanwhile

Reaction score
You have to like that clean hull. I had to bottom coat mine, but if I ever buy another I want a clean hull to inspect. Fair winds and dream of large fish.

Randy

Tucker

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
I'm a little late to the party. I would say you stole the boat, congrats great deal! Hands down the best riding boat I've ever owned. Syncing the steering was a little PIA but it only took a minute ever other time I used the boat. I researched it well but not much of a cure. I believe they're old school carbed engines correct? They have very small low speed jets and clog easily. I would change the onboard fuel filters over to 2-micron Racors to avoid that problem. The cats handle differently, not a big deal they just turn different. Good luck with the boat!

Reaction score
I would say i stole it too!!! I found out he had it losted 4 months prior for $32.5K boat is literally MINT, he sold it soo cheap cause his wife passed and he hated seeing it sit!! I love how it rides it takes some getting use to but once you do she handles marvelous! The saltwater series 150's idle like 4 strokes theyre super quiet and just turned 360 hours I could not be happier with my purchase, I feel like I really got my moneys worth! Everyone tried telling me not to buy the boat and then i came here and was steered in the right direction. ..

Reaction score
Does anyone know what rpm my motors should turning? It seems like with props i have now i turn about 5k 5100 which is about 41mph

Tucker

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
You're barely within spec. The books say 5000-5500. That boat isn't a speed demon by any stretch especially with the 150's. What size props do you have? Need lots of motor trim. I don't ever recall using the trim tabs. You got a factory service manual for the motors right?

Reaction score
Have all factory manuals since new I guess ill look into what size they are, one says 17m the other says 17mL

Fishtales

Reaction score
heck of a deal and looks to be very clean. good luck with her!