Purchasing Adventure 208 Advice

ATPNW

Reaction score
Hello,

Looking to purchase a 208 Adventure, im looking at model years 1997-2004 (which coincides with my price range). I've read about various motors on the 208, and while id like a 175 or 200hp engine. Id also be fine with a 150. My main question is what are the main differences between the 97-04 model years? Any other advice you can lend when looking at these 15/20 year old boats would be helpful too.

Thanks,

Parthery

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Other than trim, no difference at all. The dash area was brown on the 97-98 models, almond starting in 99, and the opening was enlarged with a bigger door in '00.

Great heavy boats...make sure the 150 will meet your needs.

journeyman

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Marlin
I had a 99 with a 200 on her. Great boat! Fast with the 200. One thing I can offer is that I had no trim tabs and didn't know better until I got my next boat which had them. I remember thinking that it would have been nice to have on the 208.

CatTwentyTwo

Reaction score
I'm not sure what all the changes were that Grady made but I don't think it would hurt to consider at least back to the 94 model year. I just sold my boat a couple of months ago and it had the SeaV2 hull and the 175 2 stroke was plenty of power for me. I was going to post a picture but as usual the site won't let me.

steveditt

Reaction score
A few things I own a 98 first year I believe to have polyethylene fuel tank , dash and panels were brown removed had a body shop paint the off white $100 ,live well and cooler compartments were upgraded to have hydraulic pistons not sure what year this prevented them from slamming closed cracking the fiberglass ,I upgraded mine . Early 2000 I think the transoms were beefed up and extra weight was added to the bow to accommodate 4 stroke heavier engines . I replaced a perfectly good 98 175 2 stroke Yamaha with a Etec 150 HP HO this past winter concerned about the additional weight of the 4 strokes and love the lack of maintenance for 2 stroke . As mention above I will be installing trim tabs the winter as I've owned the boat five years and think these will help .More you look the more you will learn good luck . Also you can contact Grady with any questions over the years they have been outstanding with help .

grunt

Reaction score
My 2007 208 has a Yamaha 150 on it and it runs fine with 4 fishermen on it.
It also has trim tabs on it which you definitely need
Everybody likes the hardtop as well
The only problem with the design of the boat is the rear boat scuppers leak water back into the boat as there is too much weight with the main engine, trolling motor, batteries and occupants.
I just insert rubber expansion plugs into the rear drain holes when we go fishing...problem solved.
Other than that it is a great boat

Home and Nascar June 2015 015.jpg