Pursuit 0s285 vs 282 or 300

Mjdap

Reaction score
I am in a very preliminary stage of looking at upgrading.

At various boat shows, I have climbed on the Pursuit and always came away more impressed with the Grady lineup, but that could be my clouded vision of the brand.

I do like my Grady White design and features.

Now, I want to upgrade, and I wanted some advice:

It seems that, based on model year, say 2005 through 2007, the Pursuit asking price is generally higher that the 282 and slightly less than the Marlin.

So, why the difference in cost, generally, from the Sailfish. Is the Pursuit somewhat larger?, or some other feature that I am not seeing.
Is it because the Sailfish is discontinued?

Thanks for any input

gradydriver

Reaction score
Grady is the Mercedes of boats and Whaler is the BMW...Thinking along those lines Pursuit sees themselves as the Rolls Royce of Boats...you are paying for the Pursuit name sort of like John Deere...does Pursuit have better construction than Grady? of course not...better construction than Whaler...not a chance...do they have better marketing people...they must have if they have positioned themselves more expensive than the #1 and #2 brands...It's supply and demand...if there is a big demand for their product...and they don't build that many of them...boom...they are going to be expensive :mrgreen:

Tashmoo

Reaction score
I have owned both brands and both are great boats, you cannot go wrong with ether. From my experience the fit and finish of the Pursuit is better than the GW. The difference above deck is not much but below deck the difference is significant. Customer service of GW is an order of magnitude better than Pursuit's. Component parts are comparable in quality. The wiring harness in the Pursuit is better done than the GW. Ride of each is unique to the boat and is a subjective issue. Style and layout is personal.

I have compared pricing of the OS 315 and the Express 305 and found them to be fairly close with comparable equipment and before negotiation.

megabytes

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Tashmoo nailed it. Both brands are excellent have have their strengths and weaknesses. The Pursuit and the 282 are comparable models but the 300 is larger boat in every aspect. I have owned a 272 and now a 300. Given the choice I prefer the larger boat but it may come down to finding the right deal on a given boat/equipment package.

You will be happy with any of those choices.