Put down a deposit

ocdansar

Reaction score
Another long day second trip up to do a mechanical survey on a 2006 330 express. It’s 4 1/2 hours one way . The boat definitely needs some love but not as bad as my last one. Now all it has the do is pass hull survey. I don’t think there will be any major issues with that. Gotta wait til the 31 st to see though.

Attachments

• D271E798-43AB-44F9-8309-DC4E4B11F11D.jpeg
    D271E798-43AB-44F9-8309-DC4E4B11F11D.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 0

Pighunter

Reaction score
Another long day second trip up to do a mechanical survey on a 2006 330 express. It’s 4 1/2 hours one way . The boat definitely needs some love but not as bad as my last one. Now all it has the do is pass hull survey. I don’t think there will be any major issues with that. Gotta wait til the 31 st to see though.
Nice congratulations

RussGW270

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Islander
Very nice. I think we all expect to see some fish blood on that beast soon ;)
R

Reactions: ocdansar

ocdansar

Reaction score
It will probably be several months before this beauty sees the water. Lots of stuff to do to it. The kids are back in school and I need projects anyway.

leeccoll

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Seafarer
ocdansar,

"The kids are back in school and I need projects anyway."

I hear ya!!

Congrats~

Lee

ocdansar

Reaction score
Had the boat surveyed today. Sadly it did not pass . The kid I left the 500.$$ deposit with is refusing to return it and sent some very nasty and threatening text messages to me.
Believe me the best 500. I ever spent was on this survey. I have owned boats over 50 years and can’t believe the stuff I missed.
This boat is located in Carrabelle Florida in a dry storage facility. I would use extreme caution if dealing with the person trying to sell it.

Pighunter

Reaction score
Had the boat surveyed today. Sadly it did not pass . The kid I left the 500.$$ deposit with is refusing to return it and sent some very nasty and threatening text messages to me.
Believe me the best 500. I ever spent was on this survey. I have owned boats over 50 years and can’t believe the stuff I missed.
This boat is located in Carrabelle Florida in a dry storage facility. I would use extreme caution if dealing with the person trying to sell it.

I'm glad you found out before you bought it. Can you elaborate on what was found in the survey? I guess you didn't have an understanding with the seller that if it doesn't pass you get your deposit back?

ocdansar

Reaction score
Oh yes I have a signed offer contingent on survey. The boat is a one owner the fellow that has been handling the deal is the son. He didn’t show for the survey this morning I suspect he knew it wasn’t going to pass. I really don’t want to elaborate on what was wrong . I was very impressed with the surveyor and how quickly he showed me problems with the hull.

If anyone is interested and wants to know pm me and I will give you a lengthy list of the issues

Last edited:

Cregan13

Reaction score
Model
Express 330
That boat has been for sale for a long time. I actually spoke with him when I was looking for my 330 Express. Actually got to the point where I was arranging the survey, and the guy went quiet on me. About the same time my boat popped up for sale in Rhode Island, and that was it. Sounds like I avoided some wasted time and effort.

Reactions: sneakattack

waynenvabeach

Reaction score
Model
Seafarer
I feel for ya brother. I am glad you posted and hope others will learn the importance of having a professional survey done. It sucks that the boat did not pass, I wonder how many others have done the same thing. I wish there was a data base that would show all previous inspections. Also mention the professional you used. I have had boat inspections in the past that did not catch a few things. Its nice to hear this guy saved you some headaches.

Reactions: ocdansar

Bg56126

Reaction score
Model
Express 330
I just picked up an 06 Express myself and am glad that you found the issues through the survey. Luckily, mine came through without a problem, hopefully it stays that way . Best of luck in your search!

ocdansar

Reaction score
I agree that we need a boatfax like carfax. I ran the vin through some boat us site for 40 bucks and everything looked clean. The boat had had some serious damage repaired and I was really shocked I didn’t notice it. To my defense today was the first time I had seen the boat with the sun out so you could really see it.
The Yamahas has all kinds of issues and I was really considering Bailing on the deal after the mechanical survey.

Cregan13

Reaction score
Model
Express 330
Funny, that guy just posted on THT that the boat is sold. Seems like a lot of negative responses followed from there on that thread. The very first post on that thread was from January of 2018! That boat had been for sale for almost 3 years!

waynenvabeach

Reaction score
Model
Seafarer
Well if the boat did sell, we will probably see some of the new owners post trying to understand what he got himself into. There is always someone who will take a short cut and not have the boat surveyed. I hope the new owner is aware of the boat's problems.

Cregan13

Reaction score
Model
Express 330
I doubt it actually sold. THT is on fire about that boat at the moment. Willing to bet the seller marked it as sold to save face.