Question about Adventure 208

CJBROWN

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
8 persons

It's a little cramped though... :shock:

The cockpit size of the 208 is nothing short of amazing. I thought I was going to buy a Striper 2101 until I actually got to see a 208. Simply amazing.

We've had the nephews out fishing, three adults and three kids. As long as a couple of them were sitting out on the cabin it was fine :wink:

3 actually fishing is maxed out, unless you can put one on the bow. But then I have a Kodiak 32gal live well mounted in front of the motor on the floor.

Did you find a boat yet??

GWcpa

Reaction score
You should consider a 205. It seems that I have 8 or more on my boat every weekend lately, but at least half are small kids. Usually 2 or 3 kids are in a tube for half of the trip.

The 205 has the cockpit space of the 208 with the abilty to seat 2 or 3 in the bow with no problems.

I think I have had 12 or 13 on my boat a couple of times. Fold down the sleeper seat and it becomes a bench for 3 or 4.

This weekend I am down about half fuel, so this will help with the people load, but I have never had a problem quickly getting on plane or handling the loads. Great hull in any of the 3 configs.

CJBROWN

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Yep, there's a nice 205 just listed here. Super nice boat too, with a 200 and low hours. I think the bigger motor is a must on the tourney, figuring it will get more use for water sports.

Kids will hunker down in the cabin unless it's too hot. And it's a great place to keep gear out of the weather. It all really depends on the type of weather and water you intend to encounter. With three kids you're not going to be out in anything too nasty anyway, a tournament is a great choice.

We really looked hard at them, were torn between for a long time. But the WA won out because of the wind and waves we get out here on the ocean. If we were mostly doing the lake thing, then the cabin would have been a complete waste.

It's really hard to tell how you'll really use a boat 'till you get one. Then things begin to reveal themselves. It's important to buy with the thought that you're going to sell it. That way if you change your mind you don't get killed on it.

The biggest downfall on the 205 is the head compartment. For kids it's fine, and if your wife is more on the petite side and will use it, it will work. It's a much better configuration on the 225, but they are more money still. That's my only caveat on the smaller hull. The potti on the 208 is very usable, but none of this makes much difference to the guys anyway. Just something to consider in keeping your crew happy.

GWcpa

Reaction score
Very good point about the head on the 205 vs 208. The head on the 205 works for my 7 year old daughter and wife, but it is really not usable for most people. The 208 cabin works well with the porta potti and for storage, sleeping.

On cool rides home my kids actually have used the compartment several times as a "cabin." I've turned on the light and it actually gets pretty warm in there to sit in there in the fall weather. Not the same as having a place to take a nap, although my daughter will use the sleeper seat for a nap at the beach or on the way home.

The compartment is good for coolers, beach bags and a surprising amount of storage. I can also fit the forward and stern cushions in there for dry storage.

With the enclosure on and bow cover or walk thru bow curtain, the cockpit becomes a warm and dry area for cold weather fishing or running. With a bow cover and the filler cushion, you actually have a "cabin" for the kids to sleep up there, but not if it is hot.

One big advantage of the 208 with the enclosure up is the ablity to easily get to the bow. With the 205 it is necessary to unsnap the drop curtain or bow cover and windshield to get up there to anchor or dock.

Hope this doesn't sound like a "205 is better than a 208" post. I've had both and really loved the 208. They both have pros and cons and as CJ has stated, the 208 is much better for many purposes. I took a lot of naps and overnighted a few times on the 208. I miss that sometimes.

fshnfool

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
So here is some more info. Can the 208 fit the bill of a family fisherman? Mostly bottom fishing close to Cape May/Widwood shoreline with the kids but occasionally heading offshore between 10 to 20 miles with bigger "kids".