Question about prep

Whazzup

Reaction score
What does it mean to wash and wax the “topsides”? On a center console, does that include the interior of the boat, such as the console, the seats. Thanks

seasick

Reaction score
Topside
noun
  • 1.the upper part of a ship's side, above the waterline.
adverb
  • 1.on or toward the upper decks of a ship:"we stayed topside"

Basically I look at this way; the hull (obvious), topsidish (everything else and pretty much whatever areas you can walk or climb on and the cabin I think of the cabin as a third item mainly because I dread cleaning it. Now, what category would you put the bilge in?:) It needs to be kept clean too_Or at least it should be...
And Yes, cleaning the topside would include seats and helm.
In summary, keep everything clean and treated with the appropriate chemicals.

Whazzup

Reaction score
I just got my boat back from winter storage and it doesn't seem as if the interior of the boat was waxed, and I want to be clear about what was promised and what was delivered. So I was expecting the interior of the boat, including the console, leaning post, the walls of the boat and the gunwales and the decking to be done and I am not sure it was. I assumed that is what they meant by "topside". I think they did a nice job on the hull above the water line, but not the interior. Before I ask the marina, I wanted some clarification. Thanks again

SmokyMtnGrady

Reaction score
I just got my boat back from winter storage and it doesn't seem as if the interior of the boat was waxed, and I want to be clear about what was promised and what was delivered. So I was expecting the interior of the boat, including the console, leaning post, the walls of the boat and the gunwales and the decking to be done and I am not sure it was. I assumed that is what they meant by "topside". I think they did a nice job on the hull above the water line, but not the interior. Before I ask the marina, I wanted some clarification. Thanks again

I would approach them about it,but I will say this. Sometimes we need to be clear especially if there is any doubt that creeps in.. you assumed what you communicated was understood in what they were expected to do. In this case they didn't understand what you wanted. I think it's everything above the waterline.

SkunkBoat

Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Model
Express 265
My expectations....

"Hull "is Hull.... "Topsides" includes the cockpit, gunnels, bulkheads and console....stem to stern

I expect Topsides is going to cost a $hipload....

Whazzup

Reaction score
The that’s what I thought but not what I got. Thanks!

seasick

Reaction score
The that’s what I thought but not what I got. Thanks!
Spray or splash a mist ow water on the sections in question. If they bead up, they were probably waxed. It should be easy to tell especially if you try that on the hull to have a reference
Cleaning and waxing the top side is a lot more work than doing the hull,
I think we learned that we may need to be more specific in what is going to get done for the quoted price.