Question re power at the dock

GEII

Reaction score
Model
Fisherman 257
Hi Everyone,

I have a question re electrical power at the dock. I have a Grady 257 center console and have recently switched states where I boat. So I am removing my old registration number and putting on the new numbers myself. The boat is at the dock and I don't have a trailer so I will be doing the work at the dock. I saw suggestions that I should try heating up the stickers with a hair dryer before trying to take them off. I have a hair dryer meant to be used in a home What would be the smart and cost effective way to do this? Buy some kind of an adaptive cable to use shore power at the dock?

Let me know your thoughts.

Thanks!

JJF

Reaction score
Model
Canyon 306
1687966712327.png

Attachments

• 1687966678287.png
    1687966678287.png
    78.9 KB · Views: 2
Reactions: GEII

JJF

Reaction score
Model
Canyon 306
Sorry for the multiple posts. I am copy/paste challenged sometimes.

Any whoo.... you use the first device in the first post/photo to adapt from shore power to "regular" power and add (optionally) the second device to protect againt shock (although the shore power post likely has a breaker, I like having an extra layer of protection).

Having these on hand is great for when 110V is needed at the dock for buffers, shop vacs, etc.

If you are near Gloucester, I can lend both to you.

Reactions: PointedRose

GEII

Reaction score
Model
Fisherman 257
Thanks! I just moved from Ma to RI this year. Thanks again for the info and the offer.

GEII

Reaction score
Model
Fisherman 257
There is no dock box. Just a shore power outlet. No engine replacement at the dock yet.haha... I'm still stuck on getting of a sticker without marking up the gel coat....

GEII

Reaction score
Model
Fisherman 257
I didn't think you could pick up cordless that cheap. I should have looked. Thanks!

Andrew93

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Express 305
Not sure how RI is, but Mass will let you pick your numbers if you go in person and the numbers are available. If RI is the same maybe you can get lucky and not have to replace as many.

Reactions: GEII

GEII

Reaction score
Model
Fisherman 257
Not sure how RI is, but Mass will let you pick your numbers if you go in person and the numbers are available. If RI is the same maybe you can get lucky and not have to replace as many.
Yes I have the same number as my old mass number. I just need to switch out the MS with RI.