Quick spray boat soap

SCW

Reaction score
Model
Freedom 275
I am at a saltwater marina, I hose off my boat after every use with fresh water, I do the ol' soap, bucket, and scrub brush as needed. I was wondering if anyone uses a soap in a "foam cannon" hose attachment. I keep getting ads for Salty captain and salts gone etc. Wondering if they work or if I could just use regular boat soap in a foam gun hose attachment. Just looking for something I can do a quick soap and rinse after going out on boat, I realize nothing will take the place of a real wash and scrub.
What works, what doesnt, what is your routine.
Thanks

blindmullet

Reaction score
Model
Explorer
Yes, I had one for my car and started using it on the boat. I use a hybrid ceramic car soap and it seems to keep my detail job looking good. I don't use the recommended soap for the gun.

ElyseM

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
i use the soap sprayer attachment (WM) and use the cheap WM soap bought at 2 for 1 by the gallon. knocks off all the salt. when i wash i use the starbrite seasafe wax and wash. good luck, ron

Hookup1

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Islander
The big rigs I get a ride on don't "wash" the boats anymore. The soaps remove the wax.

Wax the boat up good at the start of the season. Then they are all fresh water rinsed as we come in the inlet before we get to the dock. Rolloff for transom soot and that's it.

Reactions: reelserious

Father's Day

Reaction score
Model
Tournament 192
You said you're at a marina I'm guessing your docked in a slip, so we would be talking about the interior. I use Starbright deck cleaner wet down the deck, put the cleaner in a spray bottle mist everything in the boat, seat and all hit it with a brush, let it sit a few minutes and hose it off. This stuff is really great as you keep using it your boat whitens up. And I just hose off the exterior of the boat with fresh water, like other said it's already waxed

Byram

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Sportsman
I have the salt away hose attachment. We have awesome water pressure on the docks. I fill the container and foam the boat and then rinse. then hook up the container to the outboard and flush. Salt away does not remove wax.

Chillaxin

Reaction score
Also use my salt away gun with a thin wash and wax works great

SCW

Reaction score
Model
Freedom 275
Thanks for the info!

seasick

Reaction score
Boat soap, a bucket and a deck brush followed by a good rinse. For tough spots, on my hands and knees with a rag. (assuming I am in the mood to get on my hands and getting older knees)
A process I see a lot at my club is to take your friends fishing and then make them wash the boat. That's easy on your knees:)