Racor Water Seperating Filters

dduflo

Reaction score
Going to change my filters. Do I need to fill the new filters with fuel before installing or can I install them dry? Thanks

seasick

Reaction score
Some folks fill theirs but I never have. I pump the bulb for about 30 seconds and never had an issue. If everything is working, the filters should fill

Walkers Edge

Reaction score
When you replace the filter and pump the bulb (a little longer than usual) you are filling the filter. I wouldnt try and prime the lines with any empty filter using the engine choke, the bulb works great.

dduflo

Reaction score
Thanks. I'll change them this weekend

Finest Kind

Reaction score
whats that ring for?

Inside the racor replacement filter box is a pack with a new rubber seal that goes on top of the fitler to seal it against the filter housing when its' screwed hand-tight, and another thin rubber seal that goes between the ("glass") plastic bowl and the bottom of the filter...okay I get those....

But they also include a small 1 and 1/2 or 2 inch diameter rubber seal, WTF is that for?
I just put it over the tube that extends down inside the bowl, but I can't figure out what it's fuction is...

any ideas?

dduflo

Reaction score
FK Are you replacing the filters inside the motor cover? I have those on each engine but the filters I'm referring to are similar to a normal oil filter that go inline.

mskulick

Reaction score
Sometimes they provide a rubber o ring for the water drain valve at the bottom of the Racor...
-Mike