Rain-X

Curmudgeon

Reaction score
I think that would be great. Let us know how it works so I can decide about my windshield ... :lol:

Brad1

Reaction score
I've been applying that product on my boat's windshields for a long time now. Works very, very well.

megabytes

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
RainX works GREAT on the windshield. When fresh it almost alleviates the need the hit the darn wiper switch every time the spray gets thrown. A few tips.

o apply a liberal amount, let dry, buff well with paper towel to avoid cloudy spots

o check the view at the helm and go back to buff any cloudy spots

o apply every month or after any trip with TONS of spray

o NEVER use RainX on the clear plastic as it will damage

SHARKN

Reaction score
rain x & fog x

I have used rain x and fog x and they are great products, and I agree do not put it on your plastic curtains

gradyfish22

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Rain x works great on the windshield, but I found it needs to be applied every month or so to be most effective, saltwater takes it off over time. It may still bead, but not great after a month, but it sure helps improve visibility a bunch, often enough to avoid using the wiper from casual spray. Running in the rain is also much better, the windows stay clearer. Not sure I would use it on eisenglass, that stuff needs special treatment and products, I'd be careful. There are products made for eisenglass that polish and clean the plastic and will make it bead just like the rain x will, yet they are formulated to not harm it. Eisenglass is not cheap, I'd use products made for it instead of taking a chance with anything else. My eisenglass gets mild soap and water when needed, otherwise rinses down and cleaned with the clear plastic cleaner after it dries that is made to clean it. It keeps the windows from figging up and keeps them clear and looking new.

megabytes

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Absolutely do NOT use RainX on eisenglass. Use only mild boat soap, soft cloth or mitt, and fresh water. For polish, most canvas installers have recommended either Plexus or 210.