Ram Pin Locks for Gimbal Mount Chartplotter

Hookup1

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Islander
If they want it they will take it! They have sawzals. Best defense is to take them off the boat. The Garmin lock code disables the unit but I'm not sure they read English. Big problem in South Florida.

Recoil Rob

Reaction score
Model
Sportsman
So I can assume you haven't used them....thanks...

Hookup1

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Islander
So I can assume you haven't used them....thanks...
What are you trying to protect?

No I haven't used this particular product. A friend of mine uses something similar. It's just a security lock that you can't unscrew without a tool. If you want to steal the unit you cut the soft aluminum bracket. The thieves can't sell units with broken mounting hardware or PIN locked units. Secure units with thru bolted hardware, security hardware and use PIN's. It's all a deterrent - best to just take unit out for travel.

DennisG01

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Offshore
I don't think anyone actually has to have "used" them to figure out what they are. It's pretty darn simple to understand the concept... I mean, I'm capable of adding 2+2 and that's about the extent of brain power needed to see what these are about.

It is what it is. What do you want to know? Do they work? Sure, if you have the proper security pin. Which, by the way, it appears that for $19 I can purchase all of the security pins. That last part may have taken the brain power of 2x2...

But, like Hookup mentioned, if they want it... they'll take it.

seasick

Reaction score
I agree that if they really want it, they will get it but on the other hand, anything that makes the task harder is an extra deterrent that make make a crook look elsewhere.