Random Aux Power Cord???

Oceangeek

Reaction score
Model
Overnighter
Thank you in advance for any help.
I took my boat out yesterday and realized there was a random cord hanging down under my steering helm. It was connected to the circuit breaker AUX POWER setting... From what I can tell, everything on my boat is working. All the power switches, lights, ect....
I thought this would be a simple case of "find the other end of this cord and plug it in dummy), but I cannot find the other end anywhere and have no clue what this connects to.

Anybody know?
Thanks!

Attachments

• IMG_8446.JPG
    IMG_8446.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_8445.JPG
    IMG_8445.JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 0

SkunkBoat

Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Model
Express 265
interesting...its a black wire going to a 15 amp fuse.... and that end looks like maybe its half of a glass fuseholder?

Something is wrong there.

Often "Aux Power" goes to a "cigarette lighter" type plug. It would have a red or orange 10 gauge wire.

Oceangeek

Reaction score
Model
Overnighter
interesting...its a black wire going to a 15 amp fuse.... and that end looks like maybe its half of a glass fuseholder?

Something is wrong there.

Often "Aux Power" goes to a "cigarette lighter" type plug. It would have a red or orange 10 gauge wire.
Interesting. That is the one thing I have not tried yet. I bet that could be it! Ill check in the morning. Thanks

SkunkBoat

Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Model
Express 265
Interesting. That is the one thing I have not tried yet. I bet that could be it! Ill check in the morning. Thanks
hmmm...that might go to a post on the back of a cigarette lighter jack.
I would be carefull though...should not be a black wire and it should be heavier gauge wire...

Keitha

Reaction score
Model
Gulfstream
That looks like an antenna plug for a stereo. Are you sure you are tracing the correct wire to the fuse block? Does your FM work on your radio?

Reactions: PNW_Drifter

Hookup1

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Islander
It's probably a 12 VDC power connector and cord for some device the previous owner had. Maybe cut the AC plug/transformer/power supply off and wired it in.

Fishtales

Reaction score
It's probably a 12 VDC power connector and cord for some device the previous owner had. Maybe cut the AC plug/transformer/power supply off and wired it in.

I agree with several items pointed out:
- Looks like an antenna connector.
- Color black isn't right.
- Likely an adapter cable of some sort - cig lighter port a possibility.
I'd see what is in the area and see if it could be disconnected. If not, remove as Dennis said.

PNW_Drifter

Reaction score
Model
Seafarer
Boats are full of old crappy Previous owner wiring. Take it all out as you find it and get to know your boats wiring intimately!