Raw Water Outlet Fitting

GulfSea

Reaction score
My 228 has the raw water fitting located at the stern so when I have friends and family fishing, the hose is right under their feet. So I plan to add an outlet near the forward end of the deck to allow easier access. Does anyone know what brand outlet Grady uses? I would like to match what’s already there if possible. I see perko and whitecap make outlet fittings. Here’s a link to what I’ve found so far.

http://www.perko.com/catalog/category/u ... oduct/452/

http://www.westmarine.com/buy/products/ ... tting.html

bayrat

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Depending how far forward you plan to move that fitting, is it possible that you may wind up with less than acceptable water pressure as you get further away from that pump in the stern?..not really sure but something that you may want to consider before you do the work.

GulfSea

Reaction score
bayrat said:
Depending how far forward you plan to move that fitting, is it possible that you may wind up with less than acceptable water pressure as you get further away from that pump in the stern?..not really sure but something that you may want to consider before you do the work.

I'm not too concerned about that but if the pressure did drop, I would have another freshwater outlet. :mrgreen: Actually, if this is successful, I'll probably use the aft outlet for a raw water pump flush port. But that's for another thread.

Curmudgeon

Reaction score
They're both chrome-plated bronze, but a big price disparity. I'd do the Whitecap, no one will ever know but you ... :wink:

GulfSea

Reaction score
Curmudgeon said:
They're both chrome-plated bronze, but a big price disparity. I'd do the Whitecap, no one will ever know but you ... :wink:

Thanks Curmudgeon, that's true and what I'll do. I went by West Marine yesterday and they're supposed to have one in next week.