raw water washdown 94 Adventure 208

Michigan Brian

Reaction score
Model
Adventure
been meaning to ask this...

I just purchased this boat. The system has a connection for the hose and the switch for it in the splashwell which I thought was rather odd.

Is this the factory location or was this an add-on? I bought one of those white, lightweight hoses for it, I just coiled it up in the splashwell in front of the motor, its not going anyplace but just seems weird.

The other question is I assume you just flip the switch to turn the pump on and use it and when you are done turn the pump off? Is there no pressure switch that will turn it on or off as the pressure is needed?

may sound dumb, I haven not tried it yet and Im sure the answer will be obivous when I use it...

thanks

CatTwentyTwo

Reaction score
It sounds like an add on. On my 94 208, the hose fitting would be behind your left calf if you were sitting in the port seat at the stern of the boat. The switch is on the dash and the pump does have a pressure switch. There is also a valve under the same seat that switches the flow from the wash down to the port fish box.

Michigan Brian

Reaction score
Model
Adventure
thanks for the reply. We just return from vacation and I have a chance to play with it. You are right, there is a pressure switch for the pump. Placing the hose in the front part of the splashwell seems to work ok. I am either going to leave it that way or get one of those self coiling hoses. Im sure its an addon, I dont see any dash switches or valves.

But it does work very well.

Our vacation was in the Inland Waterway in the lower penn of northern Michigan. Its a 40 mile or so stretch of rivers and lakes that connect Lake Mich and Huron. There are some areas on the river parts that have signs posted "no watter cannons, squirt guns etc" It must have gotten rowdy at one time. There was a few boats where kids had these water cannon things and were faking that they were going to squirt us as we idled by (all no wake zones where this was) at one point I got out my washdown hose and pointed at the water behind them at turn it on. It was like a firehose compared to thier squirt guns. The look on the kids faces was hilarious!!!

BobP

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Sailfish
Make sure splashwell switch is waterproof. It was a lot easier and cheaper install to place switch at stern and wire switch off battery.

Verify pump power is dead when battery switches are off. If not, it should be.
Close valve at hull when leaving boat for the week.