Raymarine Auto Pilor S1000 Pump Location

fishingFINattic

Reaction score
Just purchased a S1000 autopilot for 265 Express -

Looking find out if anyone has this ap in there 265 and where they mounted the pump and head unit? The hoses they give are only about 18" long and I dont know how much room I have that close to the helm!

Thanks

Tim

Bill_N

Reaction score
You could make up a panel for the face of the electronics box in front of your helm and flushmount your electronics on it. This would allow you to put the pump inside the box in back of your electronics.

You might also call Boats Inc as they've probably rigged a few AP's on 265's.

Bill

gradyfish22

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Ran my E12122 Raymarine pump under the bunk....about 18 ft each run, had to spend another $100 for hose, and I don't even want to think about what the fluid cost me. You could mount the pump under the galley sink, would be enough room and save you about 6 ft each run and still allow good access. Other spot would be under the stbd bench seat, build a platform with starboard and mount it there right under the access hatch so you can get to it if you need to service it. That would be the shortest run possible, but was a tight fit for access I personally felt, and I wanted to get it out of that compartment if possible.

If you havne't gotten to it, you will need to go into the head and take the 2 plastic covers on the right side (facing aft once inside the head)off to access the wire runs to go anywhere with the hoses.

I'll pm you my cell you can give me a ring if you need help with running any hoses since I just did this.

Let me know how the S1000 performs, heard it has issues with speeds under 5mph and falls into standby. I know Raymarine says they fixed it on new releases, but I've still heard some guys having issues, or getting to maybe 4 before issues occur now, not sure how true this is or what. I know it also depends on what gps you have since the rate the gps updates has a bit to do with keeping the course computer updated since there is no course compass to detect movement. I went with the E12122, price difference at boat show pricing and because the S corepacks are being discontinued made it nuts to settle for less at the time I bought. I will be in April 29, hope to calibrate and run mine sometime the week after.