Raymarine Axiom RV to Airmar Transducer

SmokingTuna

Reaction score
Model
Fisherman 222
Upgraded electronics on my GW 222 recently from Furuno to Raymarine Axiom RV. I’m not ready to splurge on the real vision transducer so was going to stick with my Airmar P66 for now. Called Raymarine today and they said I need adapter cable A80492 to make this work, however, looking at pictures online it doesn’t appear that it will mate properly. I have attached a picture of the connector on my transducer. Anyone have any experience with this?

Attachments

• 5591E00C-3FA6-4E2F-B4BA-DFF26046EED2.jpeg
    5591E00C-3FA6-4E2F-B4BA-DFF26046EED2.jpeg
    83.6 KB · Views: 6

Doc Stressor

Reaction score
Model
Seafarer
Your p66 needs to have the mix and match pigtail connector. The older ones came with connectors that were specific for each brand of fish finder.

Disconnect your transducer cable at the Furuno and follow it back to the transducer. If you have the mix and match connector, you will find a plug junction about 10 ft out of the transducer. That's where you would attach the adaptor cable from the Raymarine. If it is all one piece to the Furuno FF, you will need to do a splice. Furuno should be able to help you with the wiring. I've had good luck splicing transducer cables from different brands. I use heat shrink connectors at each wire and cover everything with aluminum foil (RF protection) before closing everything up with electrical tape.

SmokingTuna

Reaction score
Model
Fisherman 222
I appreciate that detailed response. With the cost of the adapter and after reading your post I elected to swap it with the real vision transducer. If I have to pull the transducer anyway in order to modify, I figured it was worth the extra 150 to upgrade to real vision. Thanks again for the write up, I’m starting to wonder if I should’ve gone Garmin over Raymarine

max366

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
I updated my old RM electronics to Axiom early last year. Turns out to use my B66 tducer with the Axiom, I needed a CP370 module. As I recall, the B66 plugged directly into the CP370, no adapter needed. I did need an adapter for my radar, but I think that was it. It's been a couple of years so I'm a bit fuzzy and the boat is covered for the winter so I can't check it. There was a good web site, not RM, which had good diagrams that showed different configurations. I'll try to find the site and post it.

max366

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Btw, I don't find RV to be particular helpful, I use the B66 most often.

SmokingTuna

Reaction score
Model
Fisherman 222
my only experience with real vision is offshore and it does not work out there, granted that is the Norfolk canyon and I’m not going to be going offshore in my boat, only nearshore and the Chesapeake bay. I wanted to stick with my p66, but I also didn’t want to spend the $600 + on a cp370, so I went with the rv-100 for $255. It is my understanding that with the rv-100 transducer I don’t have to use the rv, I will have my option of which to use for sonar.