Raymarine E120 / Verifying Navionics Maps

athomp228

Reaction score
Model
Marlin
Just picked up a used E120 off of Ebay as a temporary solution / plug and play to my current setup until full electronics upgrade next season. My original unit had damaged pins and I was unable to install a new Navionics cards with updated maps. Received the new to me/used unit yesterday and noticed one of the pins was damaged.

My question is, will I be able to power the unit and verify the damaged pin does not affect operation (seller said it did not) without satellite or other connections?

My guess would be no, however, wanted to see if there are any options with only 30 days to return. Probably should have waited until boat is back in the water.

Fishtales

Reaction score
Hi,
I believe so. That being said, maybe reach out to Raymarine for a pinout of the connector as well as information. Any way it identify what pin is damaged?
As I recall it is a standard compact flash card. Here is a link to the pinout. There are some unused pins, but most are data I/O pins that will affect operation and performance.

athomp228

Reaction score
Model
Marlin
I was able to confirm the damaged pin did not prevent the card from working. Also, maps did appear without having any accessories connected.

Fishtales

Reaction score
Nice good luck with the unit. I've been on the fence about getting new electronics as well. I have an E120 and E80 that I installed when the boat was new with HD radar, 1KW shoot thru ducer and the DSM. I'd love a side scan sounder but to be honest the set up does most what I need very well. Hard to justify going hog wild on a new set if units. Well see.....