Raymarine e7 / Mooring w/ Electronics

Bryan3536

Reaction score
Given limited space, we are thinking of going with the Raymarine e7 as a fishfinder/chartplotter/depth finder. I know it is new, but anyone have any real world experience yet? We have read most of the reviews out there (good) and spent time with it at the NY boat show - we like it a lot. Curious if anyone else has it, considering it, etc.

Also, plan is to flush mount if we can fit it. Have a guy coming in to see if it will work with slight modifications to our dash (1990 204c). We will be mooring the boat for the first time, however, and something about leaving expensive electronics on a mooring bugs me (which, for some reason, bothered me less at a marina). Am I crazy to leave the plotter on an unlocked boat in a mooring field? Should we just bracket mount to take it on/off?

richie rich

Reaction score
Bryan3536 said:
Given limited space, we are thinking of going with the Raymarine e7 as a fishfinder/chartplotter/depth finder. I know it is new, but anyone have any real world experience yet? We have read most of the reviews out there (good) and spent time with it at the NY boat show - we like it a lot. Curious if anyone else has it, considering it, etc.

Also, plan is to flush mount if we can fit it. Have a guy coming in to see if it will work with slight modifications to our dash (1990 204c). We will be mooring the boat for the first time, however, and something about leaving expensive electronics on a mooring bugs me (which, for some reason, bothered me less at a marina). Am I crazy to leave the plotter on an unlocked boat in a mooring field? Should we just bracket mount to take it on/off?

Not much info on the new e7, but i would bracket mount and remove if i were in a mooring.....thieves are getting balls and stealing at marinas...moorings are just to easy in my opinion...