Raymarine Electronics Question

Mjdap

Reaction score
I have recently purchased a used 2004 Sailfish. Current electronics includes a Garmin 188 c.

I am thinking of upgrading to a new Raymarine A70D, taking advantage of the current rebate.

Now, my question is this:

A: Should I flush mount the A70 and keep the 188C and fush mount that as well ( if possible) and run both?

B: Remove the Garmin, sell it possibly, and mount the A70D within the existing electronics box?

The boat also has a Furuno Radar, model 1715 and Raymarine Autopilot. I realize the A70D does not integrate with radar, and the upgraded C series would, assuming I replaced the Furuno with Raymarine in the future.

Anyway, my fishing is basically in the Upper Chesapeake, and hopefully some off shore stuff off of Cape May.

Advise very much welcomed. By the way, the 188C is too small for me to use as the primary unit. Boat currently does not have a separate FF.

Thanks

cgmiller

Reaction score
I for one like to have redundant navigation electronics on my boat..especially with the combo units, if you have a problem with the display, you lose everything..I had a C120 screen go black on me and I lost my radar, plotter and fishfinder. Although at the time I had 2 other chart plotters at the helm as I continue to use my old stuff when I upgrade to new stuff as the old stuff is usually much easier to operate and you know what key strokes to make....