Re-covering bolsters and rear seat on Gulfstream

IanC

Reaction score
I have a 2005 Gulfstream that needs the bolsters and rear seat back and seat cushion re-covered. I am in Vancouver BC, Canada and am trying to find a local marine upholsterer. Any recommendations? Also, any idea of cost. The backboards are in good shape. Also have others found it necessary to keep the 2 grommet holes on each bolster for the screws that are on the original, or can you get away without the screws? Thanks, Ian

Legend

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Sailfish
Some people prefer the screws, they say the bolsters slide up if they are not attached . I replaced mine with new bolsters from GW abut thbout 8 years ago and never repalced the screws. I have never had them slide up. They don't supply 2004 models new any longer. There are lots of places around Boston but that's not going to help you in BC

Fishtales

Reaction score
I did it myself this year (thread here). The bolsters are very easy to do with minimal stitching. Seat is a little more but I'd say very doable if you use what you have as a pattern.

Fishtales

Reaction score
Found the black plastic end caps for the aft seat (for the bar that slides in the powder coated end pieces) on Amazon. Banged these it, the aft seat looks good and ready for install.