Re: Motors for a 268 Islander 1995

JOHKORKO

Reaction score
Heloo everybody. 
I am John from Athens Greece. I am a new member in this forum and I would like your help.
Recently I bought a Grady White Islander 268 model 1995.
The boat had twin suzuki DT200 hp model 1995 shaft length 20''(long) and imported in Greece at 1995 as a new model.I don't know if this motors match right to this boat about the shaft length. I want to replace this motors with twin Yamaha F150 and I don't know what shaft length is right. 
I would like to inform me:
Are the engines must be long (20") or extra long(25") or it doesn't matter? 
Do you have a suggestion on what should I prefer for my boat?
Is there anybody who has motors with shaft length 20" in the same boat?

ocnslr

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Islander
Shaft length for twins is 25".

You should go to the Grady White web site and download the 1995 catalog and the manual for your boat.

Brian

Timsjag

Reaction score
Model
Islander
I know this is an old post but I'm hoping someone can help me out. I have a 1995 26.8 GW Islander. It has a 2004 4 stroke Merc with a 30 inch ob. I've read very conflicting information about whether this is the right length. The transom is 21'. However the transom is part of the swim platform extension. The hull keel is forward by some 28". If I run a straight edge from the keel to the capitation plate, the capitation plate is almost even with the keel. So which should I have a 20" or 30" outboard. The boat does not get on plan easily and I question whether I'm even on plane.