Read this if you have at least 100 posts:)

Bama96

Reaction score
I am not here as much because when we changed the site software I have to sign in every damn time. Even if I check the box to keep me signed in. What the heck am I doing wrong? :-|

Now what was this thread about again?

seasick

Reaction score
Bama96 said:
I am not here as much because when we changed the site software I have to sign in every damn time. Even if I check the box to keep me signed in. What the heck am I doing wrong? :-|

Make sure you check the box before you enter your login credentials. It should work. If it doesn't, I would contact an administrator for help.
You may have a cookie issue.

Strikezone

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
seasick said:
Bama96 said:

Make sure you check the box before you enter your login credentials. It should work. If it doesn't, I would contact an administrator for help.
You may have a cookie issue.

I've tried this with no luck. It is frustrating to enter the login info each time I visit.

BobP

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Sailfish
I've been off the site for a while but it made me smile when reading Seasick's post.

Just like many of us from NYC and there abouts I've been called a "bull in a china" shop many times.

99% of what I do here is assisting others, just like the few who have done the same for me over my lifetime when I reached out and wanted to learn something, anything. Seasick I'm sure I learned things from him. Just can't recall at the moment. It's always DIYer stuff probably about taking care of the HPDI twins myself.

Everybody starts from nothing the way I see it.
And everybody is an expert in everything (who isn't?), have to wade thru much when doing research on the internet, everything I research before leaving the house. Save countless hours and thousands of bucks.

Seasick is on it ! Perhaps we could put our collective experience together all of us who care, and design a fishing boat that gets 20 miles or more per gallon like our cars, and it's not a sailboat or a cat!
I don't think anything that pushes water out of the way like our usual hulls will do it. Thinking out of the (hull) box is called for. This is where newbies and kids may trump us !

Have fun !
It's a blowout in Montauk today so heading home.

LUNDINROOF

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
I don't post often, just when I think I have something to contribute. I ask occasional questions and most times I get good answers, and sometimes no answers the give me any additional information that I didn't already know. But I do visit the site at least twice a week and glance over the posts to keep up with what's going on. Anything I'm not interested in I just skip and use the "mark all posts read" button to that next time I get online I have fresh information.

I pass over some posts if it is about a model I never owned or am not familiar with. Boat names, colors, repowering, trailer sizes are all things I am not expert in or have an opinion on so I usually skip over them.

The posts I like best are the "projects" that show pictures of deconstructing and reconstructing some of the older models and how problems developed and how they were solved. I envy these guys that have the patience, skills, talent and money to do this work. I especially like to see the completed projects ready to splash.

I like the posts that are about the three models of Grady’s I have owned. I feel I know a little about what the poster is talking about and may have something to contribute.

The posts about new or "new to me" Grady’s are fun to read. Reminds me of the fact that when I took delivery of all three of my Grady's I had read their manuals so many times I knew more about the boat than the person that delivered it. It’s fun to read the excitement and pride in a new owner's post.

I guess this is a long way of saying that I'll be here awhile. Not everything is interesting but I just skip over what I'm not interested in.

magicalbill

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Marlin
I read posts that I understand.

I am not mechanically or technically versed. Posts concerning rebuilding transoms or troubleshooting engines or electronics I pass by because I can't understand them.

My enjoyment comes from engine options, performance stats, fuel burn, pro's and con's of different Grady models, trailering questions, etc.

This forum has all of the above.

Let the technically-minded enjoy their topics and I will enjoy mine.

Fishtales

Reaction score
I like the forum because it is so focused. Less can be more sometimes in life.

I been known to ask what some perceive as a dumb question of two from time to time, but I asked it because I didn't know or know better. I assume others are the same. I must say almost everyone is helpful and doesn't bash folks which is nice in today's Internet world. So putting up with the occasional dumb question is a small price to pay on this site. There are newbies coming to boating everyday. We should help them when we can.

Most times you will learn somethIng on this site. I've picked up - small upgrade, corrosion issue, how something should work, how to find a strainer, a thruster fix, led lighting, flush or not to flush, cleaning and wax products, fiberglass fixes, How GW treats customers, fix your windlass etc. it goes on and on.

Keep me coming. No question or comment Is stupid in my book and I just may learn something.

matt9966

Reaction score
OK, OK already - I get your points. But really, my scuppers really are underwater, blub, blub.

gradydriver

Reaction score
If you don't like the song on the radio.....don't listen...If you don't like the show on TV....don't watch it....If you don't like the posts on the BEST Grady site in the world....Don't come back....we won't miss a grumpy old fart like yourself....oh btw what's your boat named?....Scrooge 2 :-|

mboyatt

Reaction score
:twisted: No doubt the best site. Tons of great information and folks willing to help. Blub bub..... :mrgreen:

GreatWhite23

Reaction score
I am with you, best site, positive environment, educational, helpful to all those on different levels. I have asked dumb questions, have many different boats all inboards.(mostly on lakes) The last outboard I owned was 1972 100 hp johnson a lot has changed. Got a lot of help. Great site and members. I look as this sites to help one another with our boats (common interest), not so much a form of personal entertainment.

georgemjr

Reaction score
I have to agree with seasick. The level of discussion has deteriorated over the years. The best advice and most knowledgable posters are from years ago. That being said, I wouldn't verbalize that fact if this thread never came up. So now, flame on and tell me to stop logging in if I don't like it.

ReelJoy2

Reaction score
To those Ops with 100+ posts, and those with less than 100, I say thank you. This is one of the best forums and I've appreciated all the years of advice/experience that have been shared.

hotajax

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Wish I Could Offer More Useful Advice

First, I love reading this board. There are alot of good guys on here, including the OP. You have helped me several times, thank you. Unfortunately, I don't know a thimbleful about boats compared to some of these guys on here. In fact, the more I read, I find that there is even more that I don't know. If I knew more I would offer up more advice. But I really appreciate the help I have gotten on this site, if for no other reason than the gent from VA Beach who recommended Bay Propeller in Chesapeake, VA, when I needed a new prop.

Fishtales

Reaction score
Fishtales said:
I like the forum because it is so focused. Less can be more sometimes in life.

I been known to ask what some perceive as a dumb question of two from time to time, but I asked it because I didn't know or know better. I assume others are the same. I must say almost everyone is helpful and doesn't bash folks which is nice in today's Internet world. So putting up with the occasional dumb question is a small price to pay on this site. There are newbies coming to boating everyday. We should help them when we can.

Most times you will learn somethIng on this site. I've picked up - small upgrade, corrosion issue, how something should work, how to find a strainer, a thruster fix, led lighting, flush or not to flush, cleaning and wax products, fiberglass fixes, How GW treats customers, fix your windlass etc. it goes on and on.

Keep me coming. No question or comment Is stupid in my book and I just may learn something.

I must be getting old... Didn't know I responded to this one. Did I really say that? I'm with Seasick. If you don't have 100 posts - get lost!!

g0tagrip

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
I read all posts I think I will enjoy. I did not know there were any specific times you had to add a post......I would not change a thing on this site. I call it up pretty much every day that I am not out fishing on my boat. I don't always sign on but I am on it often. So I guess if you don't want to read a post skip it. Some may want to read them and at least thus far it ok to do so. By the way who decided we need to make a 100 posts? Who gives a darn anyway. I am a Grady White owner looking for tips......and have gotten many from this site. So put that in your beer can and drink it....burp!

mboyatt

Reaction score
Time to start another thread about paint colors and boat names, just to mess with Seasick's head. :mrgreen: