Real Life LOA on a Canyon 306

journeyman

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Marlin
Can tell you that Grady lists my Marlin with pulpit at 32' 7".
Real life Pulpit to Skegs, 350's raised, is 37' 7". I measured it myself. Marina charges...

Always thought the engines add about 4 feet, can't tell you where the extra foot comes from for me??? Those 350's are monsters though.

lgusto

Reaction score
Jim, yeah, my old 23' Gulfstream with a pulpit and engines raised was just shy of 33' LOA when actually measures with a tape alongside at the dock. My marina also charges by LOA.

Dennis, I summer in Bath, Maine.

DennisG01

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Offshore
You're just a little bit South of our Summer places in Maine. Throughout the family/extended family, we a have a few places in and around Friendship. A few on Friendship Long Island, and a few on the mainland in Cushing. Two of my Uncles have also now started doing the ME/Fla thing, too.

I have an extra Yamaha 250HP (model year 2000) in my garage. It measures almost exactly 40", when tilted up, behind the transom.

magicalbill

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Marlin
Dennis;
Greetings; Hope your well!

Larry;
Got rid of the Gulfstream? We were talking specs on a trailer for it awhile back as I recall.

lgusto

Reaction score
Bill,

Yes, the Gulfstream is for sale. Finally had to dump the original 2005 F250 with 2,500 hours and replace it with a 2009 F250 that only had 400 hours even though it meant all new digital controls and gauges . Efforts to repair the original motor became just too costly. It has been a great boat but I think we just asked too much of her. Somebody's going to get a lot more good years out of her.

I had always looked at the Marlin as my next boat but decided the extra weight and expense of the cabin wasn't justified by the use we would get out of it. So, the Canyon 306 is our choice. The extended range offered by the 290 gallon fuel tanks will make our trips out to the Dry Tortugas much more fun.

Hope all is well with you.

magicalbill

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Marlin
Yes, all's well here. Hope it goes smoothly with the 306.

Want to do the Tortugas at some point also, but, as you know, with the 232 the conditions have to be right.

Plus, once your there you have to get back...