Real Teak in my 192

Reaction score
Replacing the fake Teak in my Grady White192 . Work in progress... adding some class to the baby Grady. I had spray painted the old faded fake wood a couple years ago... it chipped off as I expected it was just a band-aid till I got some real teak. Please excuse the dirty boat, pre season clean up is next.

mboyatt

Reaction score
192, I have the same boat. I see that you have your scupper flaps removed to be replaced. Where did you order the replacements from? I would like to replace mine and would love to know where you sourced yours from and the part numbers, if you know. Also, did you order the teak and have it shipped to you? Great looking job!

Reaction score
I am cleaning up the original scuppers... they were just a little stained. The new ones from sea dog and other companies,the bolt pattern is off a bit, I don't know who made the ones on our boats and if they have been discontinued like the horn cover. I was thinking of just getting new rubber anmaybe maybe making stainless rings for them.

I got the teak from a local wood shop, I told the guy the width and thickness I wanted the then I did the rest. Next is to use a router on all the edges and then coat the wood.

Also had to replace my transponder due to lift operator.... along with part of my outboard he broke off that I will be welding this weekend. :x

mboyatt

Reaction score
Gotcha. I saw some scuppers on Ebay, 11 bucks for a pair. I may take the risk and see if they work. I like the idea of stainless or chrome coated outer rings. That would look nice. I trailer my boat, so I wouldn't be too worried about corossion. I have replaced my thru hulls with Perko chrome plated bronze (I think that's what they are made of). Looks much better than the plastic. Great looking teak! :goodjob