Real weight of 263 Chase

Grouper Duper

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
I've often seen threads on speculative weights of people's boats, and have done the guessing game myself in the past. I finally brought mine into my (airport) business and used aircraft scales to get a REAL reference.

The trailer was 1,212 and the boat was 5,908, or 7,120 lbs. of total towed weight. This was with about 20 gallons of fuel and 20 gallons of water (later emptied for tow to the Keys).

Our airport is right next to a boat ramp, so we took the opportunity to set the tongue-weight perfectly with several small adjustments and re-weighs. It towed excellent.

dstarok

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Thanks for the info, this would be a great source of information if we could get a thread of real weights of different models. I need to weigh my rig, 1989 255 sailfish with 2- 150 HPDIs on dual axle trailer. I'm guessing around 8500-9000, but would be interested if anyone does have real weight values.

Newtgadget

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Website
www.t-c-pro.com
I have an 88 Grady sailfish 252G with twin rude 175 and a triple axle aluminum trailer.
Boat weighs #4530 dry
Each motor is #375
Trailer made by Venture is #1800

Start adding in things like fuel
200 gallons at 6.1 lbs per gallon
Water
Gear
Ice
**Adds up quickly........

We just had the bottom media blasted to remove a serious build of bottom paint. Just for my curiosity, we weighed the total of blasting material and paint that was captured before disposal.
Total weight was a bit over #500 pounds. Considering they used four 50 pound bags of media, we had approximately #300 plus pounds of bottom paint on the boat.

Hopefully this helps!