Rear Drop bench seat on 33 Express

gradynorm

Reaction score
Noticed my rear drop down bench seat on the 33 express is tearing near the front of the seat where the pleats meet the 4-5inch piece that goes around the front. Any ideas for repair or where to find another one?

Have looked on ebay with no luck.

Also, any recommendations for cleaning and protecting the cushions and combing pads?

Thanks.

ElyseM

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
stupid design, huh? i think someone needed to think past the showroom on that one.

can't help with the repair, but i can tell you what i have been doing with the cushions. on my gulfstream ('02), i would clean the coaming with marykate crazy kleen and then spray liberally with starbrite vinyl-brite. i was very careful not to over clean -- once a month or so, but more often for just the vinyl-brite. protected and removable cushions got wiped clean and sprayed with vinyl-brite. everything looked very good (read "white") when i traded her in last year. (i wet slip)

sticking with the same routine for the 330. i am going to have a slipcover made for the drop down though -- just too much exposure for that big seat (and yes, it holds water!).

good luck with the repair and let us know how you do it -- a lot of us will be tackling that at some point. ron

NOTHING ELSE MATTERS

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
What i did with that seat on my Bimini, 330 and now on the 336 was to REMOVE it and replace it with plywood coated in resin and painted with almond color oil base paint. The reason is tearing apart is because when is in down position and go to open the rear fish locker your shoes rub against that seat because is too low, i made my seats 1 1/2" less on the depth to have a toe space. The new owner ALWAYS gets a brand new rear seat and also all other cushions( i remove all of them on day one).