Rear Hatch on Voyager

ralph85

Reaction score
I recently acquired a 2002 Voyager. There is a hatch on the transom that opens to nothing. It's basically an opening into the bilge. I assume there was some use for this other than access to the bilge since I can access most of the same things from under the rear seat. Was there an insert (storage/bait/cooler)that is missing? And if so is it still available? Thanks for any insight.

family affair

Reaction score
Model
Islander
A plastic molded trash/storage insert is what mine has. The insert is very deep... about 2.5'.I have no idea where one could buy a replacement. Call Grady customer service.
Congratulations on the boat!

ralph85

Reaction score
Thanks for the response. I figured there must have been something in there. The new Journey has it setup as a bait well, which makes sense to me. If i could find an insert, I'd like to try turning it into a bait well. Unfortunately, the shape of the hatch in the Journey doesn't look the same as mine.

gradywhite248

Reaction score
Yep it a large insert. I bet you might find on line. If not there is a boat junk yard in Dawson GA that has a few Gradys they part out. Good lock.