Rear Shade Solution

phazor

Reaction score
After spending months searching for an affordable, elegant and high quality rear shade solution to cover the back of my Freedom 307 and even considering building my own I finally made the decision to invest in a T Top Extender (google it). I bought the rear/stern hardtop 5 foot black large version, it cost about $499 plus tax. I spoke to Ken, the owner, who was great and explained in detail how it worked, how and why he designed it, how to use it properly, and even offered to drop it off. Within 24 hours of ordering on their site I had the product in hand. Installation was scary as I didn't like the idea of having to drill holes into my hardtop but everything went smoothly. They even include angled shims to account for sloped hard tops, these came in handy as I ended up having to use one of them for each mount to compensate for the slope. The product is very high quality, looks great when installed and is incredible easy to both install and setup and remove. The fabric material stretched from 75 inches (large version) to over 90 inches which covers the entire rear portion of my model boat. I highly recommend this product for anyone looking for a rear shade solution.
This may sound a little like a paid endorsement but it honestly isn't. I am writing this because this is a real solution that is worth the investment and I had a very hard time finding reviews about it online which led to me hesitating in buying it. It's expensive but well worth the money.

artodea

Reaction score
I just got this and installed it yesterday. It is just what I was looking for - an unobtrusive rear shade when anchored. The shade pulls right off and the rods are reversed in the mounts to store on the hardtop when underway.

IMG_0495_zpsqtoakxfi.jpg

IMG_0497_zpsvyqimoej.jpg