Rear Starboard "S" Section Rub Rail for 2006 360 Grady Express

wreckdiver60

Reaction score
Last windstorm here on long 10/12/19 I had a neighbor who's boat broke loose at the dock and damaged my gel coat and my starboard rub-rail section. I can manage the gel coat repair but I have been having a problem with the repair of the rub rail. I have been networking all local marinas to see if I can track down this part. At this point its Impossible to find find rub rail parts for a 2006 from Grady White. so in desperation I'm reaching out to the forum to see if anyone out there knows of a scrapped 2006 Grady 360 Express, or if anyone has any other suggestions on getting NEW replacement parts a lot cheaper than from my long island dealer which has a cost of almost $1800. Any help or advice would be appreciated!

Attachments

• IMG_1840.jpg
    IMG_1840.jpg
    295.9 KB · Views: 20

DennisG01

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Offshore
I suppose the obvious question is why is this on you to track down? Shouldn't this be on the insurance company of your neighbor's boat and the company (your dealer) to work out?

That aside... I don't know this for sure, by Taco Marine makes a lot of the rubrails for companies. The difference here is that it might be a custom color. You might still check with Taco to see if they can advise you of a retailer who can get that part. Or, you could always go with a simple black color for the rubrail, and then whatever color you can find for the insert... maybe upgrading to stainless, if you want.

Grady can probably tell you who the manufacturer was of the rubrail/insert, if you wanted to double check.

You'll need to get a full piece of the insert - otherwise it will pop out. Unless you wanted to have exposed screw heads.

FYI, the rubrail/insert doesn't come in a pre-formed "S" shape. They come in a roll and are flexible (sometimes a little heat helps, though).

wreckdiver60

Reaction score
Thanks for your quick reply, you are correct with your first response. But the problem is my neighbor at the marina doesn't have insurance, nor did the marina require it. And yes I also spoke with Taco marine metals as per GW and they do not have any parts for that year anymore. And yes that part does come pre-bent as per Grady White parts Dept.
I appreciate your response

DennisG01

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Offshore
And yes that part does come pre-bent as per Grady White parts Dept.
That just means someone other than you is doing the bending :) That must be part of the "custom" fee that jacks the price! Don't worry, it's easy to do with a heat gun.

Can Taco get you (or send you to a retailer) that "Grady" blue, but just in a roll?

The only boneyard I know of is Flounder Pounder Marine. Otherwise, just googling for marine salvage yards may help.

wspitler

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Express 330
Have identical rubrail on my 2007 330. I also have a dented spot. I'd be very interested in what you discover. My stainless insert is also scratched. but I can find that.

DennisG01

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Offshore
Have identical rubrail on my 2007 330. I also have a dented spot. I'd be very interested in what you discover. My stainless insert is also scratched. but I can find that.
Nice thing about a stainless insert is that you can sand/compound/buff. If they're light enough scratches, they'll disappear. If they're heavy scratches, they'll at least get less noticeable. However, another nice feature is that you can replace just a short section since it's screwed in.