Receptacles under gunwale

Buck

Reaction score
Fellow Grady Owners,

I have a 2001 GW Sailfish 282 and under the starboard gunwale next to the galvanic isolator and the associated CB switch their is a receptacle for a 3-pronged plug. I am not referring to the shore power receptacle even though this looks very similar.

Does anybody know what this is? Is it a standard or optional piece of gear from GW or an aftermarket add-on?

Thanks!

Attachments

• 2010-11-01 Moto 005.jpg
    2010-11-01 Moto 005.jpg
    63.7 KB · Views: 825

Grog

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
I tlooks like someone just put in a locking recepticle outlet.

LUNDINROOF

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
I would turn on all perko switches and plug into shore power. Test the receptacle to see how much voltage is in it and then you will know what it use it was put to. It doesn't look like a marine receptacle so I would get rid of it or replace it.

ElyseM

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
might be an "input" for a carry-on genset. trace it to see where it goes. at a minimum, get rid of it and put in a real marine connection. if it is for a genset, put in a real marine connection (and it should be male connectors). good luck, ron.

Fishtales

Reaction score
Pretty easy to check as stated, measure with a DVM and see if there is AC. I'd also check for DC, you never know what some people do. If no output, then maybe it is an input of some sort for AC - maybe the previous owner applied shore power this way?

upmuddy

Reaction score
Is it possible that electric downriggers were mounted on boat?
Plugs with receptacles were my choice for my electric downriggers.