Recharging House Battery with Outboards

suzukidave

Reaction score
so, i wish my motor had an aux charging output. just looking at the yamaha system online. seems to vary a little between motors but a very good idea. it gives you your battery isolation for free. you just need to size the wire to handle the max potential charge. if you can use 10 gauge cable as skunkboat says then that would be a no brainer route to go. i would use the aux from both engines combined to minimize the load on either motor.

georgemjr

Reaction score
It sounds like everyone is getting too deep into this. You buy the yamaha aux cable, it comes with an inline fuse, you connect it to the motor and then the battery. Done.

SkunkBoat

Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Model
Express 265
It sounds like everyone is getting too deep into this. You buy the yamaha aux cable, it comes with an inline fuse, you connect it to the motor and then the battery. Done.
They sell them with or without fuse(cheaper) or you can just run 10 gauge wire...cheaper still.

My OX66s actually have a third wire molded in the battery cable. No inline fuse but the circuit is fused in the motor next to the starter fuse.

trapper

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
I think the ACR is the way to go! Easy to install. Installed mine 3 or 4 years ago, no issues. Isolates the electronics on start up, keeps both batteries topped up when running. My 2 bits, trapper

GWcpa

Reaction score
I've got a new, in the plastic isolator cable I need to sell. Never installed it on my F200 for which I ordered it. Just ordered a new (larger) one for the F300 I just bought, the one I have won't work.