refridgerator

ttles714

Reaction score
My relatively new to me 2001 Marlin 300 has a refrigerator which I "believe" runs on 12 VDC only. I think it is an OEM made by "Dino Cool". Can't seem to find any 110 VAC switch on it. I like to keep it on when the boat is Idle, plugged in , at dockside.. So my question is ...What can anyone tell me about this one or what they have.

ocnslr

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Islander
We have a 2002 Islander 270, so don't know if the refrigerators are the same.

Our unit is a Norcold DC440. It is 12vdc only.

Holds 12 cans on top shelf, 12 on the lower shelf, and four in the door.

We bought the boat new in March 2002, and had it in dry storage until October 2002. It has been in the water ever since.

The refrigerator has been "ON" now for almost nine (9) years, running on the batteries/battery charger when in the slip on shore power, and the house battery when out of the slip.

The refrigerator has only been "OFF" when we are 'on the hard' for more than 24 hours, and that only happens every two or three years, when we clean, sand and paint the bottom.

Hope that helps.

Brian

Legend

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Sailfish
mine stays on all the time - as with the previous post the shore power keeps the batteries charged - I will shut it off if I am out fishing with the engines shut down - it will stay cold for a hours with the switch off - and will not drain the battery - I only shut it off if I am going to be drifiting for hoursas a precaution