? Refrigerater

Accuratepete

Reaction score
Have a 2002 282 sailfish and I will be launching tommorow and was wondering when the shore power is hooked up and battery is off will frig work off shore power or is it just a 12 volt frig they used on these boats. I do not see a breaker so I am guessing just 12 v

Fishtales

Reaction score
Hi,
I believe the refrigerator for that vintage are 12V DC only. The shore power will keep the batteries charged. The only AC connections I recall are the charger and the AC outlet plugs.

Legend

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Sailfish
Hi, I have a 2004 Sailfish so I assume the setups are similar. Our refrigerator runs off the the batteries. When hooked to shore power they continue off the batteries, however, since the battery chargers are running there is no drain on the battery. Assume you have a charging system too.

drbatts

Reaction score
Model
Express 305
Legend said:
Hi, I have a 2004 Sailfish so I assume the setups are similar. Our refrigerator runs off the the batteries. When hooked to shore power they continue off the batteries, however, since the battery chargers are running there is no drain on the battery. Assume you have a charging system too.

My 02 265 is the same. I usually just leave the fridge on at the dock with shore power hooked up. This way my beverages stay cold. As long as the shore power or your charger doesn't go out, you should be fine doing this.