Registration Letters?

Jonah

GreatGrady Captain
Hi all,

Best place to get new registration number stickers?

Also, anyone know the NC laws of where they have to be placed? I'm interested in the least visible place that still follows the rules.

DennisG01

GreatGrady Captain
Depends on how fancy you want them to be. Local marine stores likely have packs of nice looking (google for Hardline) numbers/letters for $20-ish. These typically have 4 of every character. BoatUS is a commonly used online place for custom made. The advantage here is that you can also make a matching boat name.

For placement... try googling for something like NC boating regulations.

Zebulon

GreatGrady Captain
I buy them from my local sign store.....they print them out on one sheet in whatever color and proper size & spacing.

Jonah

GreatGrady Captain
Thanks all,

I like the options that BoatUS offers, and I hear that their dark Navy Blue is a good match for Grady blue. But I’m on a tight timeline and don’t yet know what my new registration number will be, and won’t have time when I find out to order before returning to Nassau. So, am ordering a full set of black Hardline letters from Amazon.

Thanks again.

Parthery

GreatGrady Captain
Boat US can turn them around in a couple of days. Their Navy and/or Navy/Gold match perfectly.

I think if you go directly to a NC Wildlife state office you will walk out with your numbers and stickers. If you use an agent, they may be able to tell you what the numbers are while you wait for the stickers to come in the mail.

Jonah

GreatGrady Captain
Thanks again,

And yes, I've found that if I go to the main offices in Raleigh (as I will tomorrow), they will give me the new title and new registration all at once.

seasick

Jonah said:
Hi all,

Best place to get new registration number stickers?

Also, anyone know the NC laws of where they have to be placed? I'm interested in the least visible place that still follows the rules.

Here's the NC rules:

Number must be painted, applied as a decal, or otherwise affixed to both sides of the bow.
Number must read from left to right on both sides of the bow.
Number must be in at least three-inch-high BLOCK letters.
Number’s color must contrast sharply with its background.
Letters must be separated from the numbers by a space or hyphen: NC 0000 AB or NC-0000-AB.
No other numbers may be displayed on either side of the bow.
Decal must be affixed on the starboard (right) side of the vessel within six inches following the registration number. No decal is on the port (left) side.