Removable compartment trays/liners

loufoss

Reaction score
Model
Seafarer
Does anyone know if Grady ever made trays that fit nicely into the rear access /seats openings to get to the batteries . my 226 seafarer openings are 14 1/4 x 9 inch and I think it would make a great area to keep sinkers. etc stowed out of the way, I have searched for plastic bussing trays or part trays through various vendors but have not had any luck finding the correct size. any suggestions would be appreciated.. I was fishing on a friends Angler and it has a similar layout with those trays..

Reactions: Pighunter

wrxhoon

Reaction score
I don't know about the 226 but my 228 has them fitted from factory. Doc on this forum has a 226, ask him if he has them.

Ky Grady

GreatGrady Captain
Staff member
Reaction score
Model
Seafarer
My 228 has one. Not sure if it only came with one or the second one was lost?

Blaugrana

Reaction score
Model
Seafarer
Brand new one I saw had both sides with them but I haven’t found them online anywhere. Neither of mine have them and I remember using them a lot on a boat I had as a kid.

I keep an eye out to see if I come across any Rubbermaid containers that would work but no luck to date.

ilmmct

Reaction score
Model
Explorer
For my Coastal Explorer 251, I tried to find an off-the-shelf Tempress “Hatch Liner” that would fit my boat.

I wound up using Amazon to search for a proper sized “dish tub” “dish basin”. The Amazon descriptions (and questions from other customers) were detailed enough that I was able find a dish tub that fit perfectly for my needed dimensions:

This is a commercial restaurant quality product and I got 3 tubs for $20.

seasick

Reaction score
Good find. How high is the lip? (in other words, how much clearance under the locker lid does it need for the lid to close?

ilmmct

Reaction score
Model
Explorer
I didn’t measure the lip height before buying, just figured if that dimension didn’t work it was a simple return or I’ve got 3 bins to organize the garage with.

Here’s a pic from one in my garage ... looks like less than 1/2”.

Attachments

• 32F08193-CCEC-468E-B07E-54CA6B65F0EE.jpeg
    32F08193-CCEC-468E-B07E-54CA6B65F0EE.jpeg
    17.4 KB · Views: 7

loufoss

Reaction score
Model
Seafarer
Yes I looked online I need 9 x 14 nothing so far.

Timcan

Reaction score
No luck here either with the 9 x 14. I would also like a pair for my 228.

Keeldad

Reaction score
Model
Seafarer
I didn’t even know a drop-in box existed for those openings but thinking about it, it would be a great place for storage. Presently I have a small rubbermaid container in the bottom of my port side for cleaning supplies where the oil tank was removed when I installed the 4 stroke. A drop in supported by the lip for both sides would be great.

Reactions: Bdsp1234

Doc Stressor

Reaction score
Model
Seafarer
My 226 came with a removable box under each hatch. Has anybody asked Grady about them?

loufoss

Reaction score
Model
Seafarer
I have not tried calling Grady because my boat is so old ..

Bdsp1234

Reaction score
Model
Seafarer
I found a tray at Home Depot that works. I did have to trim a bit but works perfectly. I’ll have to get the correct info. They are grey in color.

Bdsp1234

Reaction score
Model
Seafarer
Rubbermaid 3 gallon roughneck tote works. You will have to do some trimming. I used my dremel and it has worked ou perfectly. I store qts of ringfree etc on one side, and assorted knives, hook pullers, boga grips etc while fishing on the other side. Make this into extremely useful space.

Reactions: Blaugrana

Keeldad

Reaction score
Model
Seafarer
It looks like the Grady part # is 20-027. I believe someone had one listed on Ebay for over $100. I’ll be making a trip to Home Depot and do some trimming instead.

seasick

Reaction score
It looks like the Grady part # is 20-027. I believe someone had one listed on Ebay for over $100. I’ll be making a trip to Home Depot and do some trimming instead.
I would do the same:)

Hookup1

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Islander
The drawers in my GW are made of white PVC material. For my old boat I bought the components years ago but I can't find the distributor or manufacturer. You buy 4 corner pieces, a cut flat sheet for the bottom and sides with slots for drawer slides. Snap or optionally glue together.

When I ordered them they cut everything to my specs and I assembled them. Not sure if this would work for you. GW tech may be able to point you to a source.Not sure if this helps.