Removal of stove top ?????

ttles714

Reaction score
Does anyone know how the stove top (electric single burner ) would be removed on a 2007 Marlin300 ?

DennisG01

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Offshore
I don't know what brand stove top you have, but the ones I'm familiar with have mounting brackets underneath. Along with possibly some putty or light adhesive caulk under the edge/rim. What do you see when you look underneath? Or look n/download the manual to double check?

fellinger

Reaction score
Not sure what the Marlin is like but, I removed the stove from my 272 Sailfish. I know store Ziplock bags with paper towels and toilet paper under the old stove cover. Holds them in place nicely.

Fishtales

Reaction score
If you have a Kenyon stove top. It is bedded and held in with clips underneath. The cook top has a metal frame that they attach to. Should be two clips (one on each side).

ttles714

Reaction score
I don't think it's a kenyon ... My older marlin had the Kenyon 203 and it was pretty straight forward .. this 2007 marlin has an electric stove top (newer style ) it's like ""GLASS" .. .. I am thinking I have to remove the fridge to see if it is secured from underneath. It seams like it is embedded in the corian counter top I have a request out to GW but no response yet .

DennisG01

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Offshore
I don't think it's a kenyon ... My older marlin had the Kenyon 203 and it was pretty straight forward .. this 2007 marlin has an electric stove top (newer style ) it's like ""GLASS" .. .. I am thinking I have to remove the fridge to see if it is secured from underneath. It seams like it is embedded in the corian counter top I have a request out to GW but no response yet .

"it's like glass"... LOL - it's not 'like' glass, it IS glass. It's called a 'glasstop' stove. :)

Kenyon makes stovers like that, too. It's just a different style - they make more than one style. Could be a different manufacturer, too - but everything I've ever had experience with has some type of securement from underneath.

Is there any identifying name on the stove?

Assuming Kenyone for now... have you looked on Kenyon's website? Match it up to an existing model and download the install manual.

Last edited: