Removing bolster cushions?

grady23

Reaction score
Hi folks, I have a 1997 Gulfstream that needs the bolsters recovered. Anyone tell me how they are attached and how to remove them without damage??

Fishtales

Reaction score
Look on the bottom side near the brass weep hole. You will find a small screw on each end. Remove these first. The bolsters are attached via J brackets. Once the screws are out, push up from the bottom or side. They should slide off the J brackets (slide straight up).

Reactions: Halfhitch

grady23

Reaction score
Look on the bottom side near the brass weep hole. You will find a small screw on each end. Remove these first. The bolsters are attached via J brackets. Once the screws are out, push up from the bottom or side. They should slide off the J brackets (slide straight up).
Thanks much for the info. I thought they were bolted in from behind. This saves me tons of trouble. Have a great season.

Reactions: RussGW270

Toothpick 10

Reaction score
Model
Islander

What he says ^^^. I did it last weekend for the first time.

Legend

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Sailfish
The last time I removed mine the boat was 8 years old and the brackets were literally crumbling due to rust build up. Luckily my GW dealer had them in stock. Never took the time to search but it may be worth it to look around for some 316SS ones.