Removing the cabin bolster cushions

Drifter80

Reaction score
Does anyone know how to remove the bolster cushions in the cabin of a mid 90s 226? I cant find any screws or mounting brackets or anything. Maybe I'm over looking something....

bhemi

Reaction score
V-Verth pads

I think you are talking about the v-berth cushions on the cabin sides. On my Marlin there is a center "fold" separating the cushion into what looks like two parts. Run your fingers down that and you will find screw heads.

seasick

Reaction score
If you are referring to the bolsters on the deck, they are slid onto metal brackets and then screwed at the bottom through a few of the grommet holes on the underside of the bolster. You need to find which grommet hole has a screw and then poke around in the hole to find the screw head (philips). Getting them off is a challenge. Getting the screws back in is sometimes even more of a challenge

bhemi

Reaction score
Drifter80 said:
Does anyone know how to remove the bolster cushions in the cabin of a mid 90s 226? I cant find any screws or mounting brackets or anything. Maybe I'm over looking something....

I think he meant the ones in the cabin not the coaming bolsters.

Drifter80

Reaction score
Yes, I was talking about the V bunk cushions on the side. Would my Seafarer have the same cushions as a Marlin? I could swear there werent any screws in the seem down the middle. I'll check again.
thanks

bhemi

Reaction score
keep trying

Sometimes the screw heads have migrated under the fabric. Push hard and run your hand along. Any bump should be a screw head.

Fuel Medic

Reaction score
Model
Seafarer
In mine the screw heads are in the middle between the fold of the fabric. Push hard and run your hand along. Any bump should be a screw head.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20211023-110323_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20211023-110323_Gallery.jpg
    168.2 KB · Views: 14
Reactions: efx