Replace canvas 2012 freedom 275

Genobg

Reaction score
Model
Freedom 275
Ian took the full canvas cover off my 2012 Freedom 275. It is someplace in the Gulf or Charlotte Harbor. Supposedly my Progressive policy is going to pay for a replacement.

I need something to protect the boat from sun and birds. I am thinking that a bow cover and something to protect aft might be easier than the original full cover. See photo for the “before” the hurricane.

I have called GW customer service several times without even a call back.

What do you recommend? Full cover or some other combo?

RNR, Great Lakes or somebody else?
Thanks for your advice.

Attachments

• 787A3FAF-7D3C-42FC-BC2E-830D2C23A9A1.jpeg
    787A3FAF-7D3C-42FC-BC2E-830D2C23A9A1.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 15

Hookup1

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Islander
That's a nice cover. It will need to be custom made. Nothing off the shelf will fit properly and it will come off in a storm. Have them beef up the way it's held down. Possibly add additional rings and straps under the boat that you can use for storm events.

I do my own canvas work and like the design. Probably make one like it for my boat.

Fishtales

Reaction score
I agree it looks like it was a custom cover. If having one made, call a local marine canvas shop and they should come out to measure. In the meantime, you could use a standard cover from a company like Fisher or wait for the custom one to be fabricated. Birds and sun likely hurt it for a short period of time. I've seen boats left out for years in the sun.

Rustygaff

Reaction score
Model
Freedom 255
Great Lakes made the OEM canvas for my 2011 255. I replaced some panels and they still had the patterns so the price and wait times were reasonable. I would check with them first since you boat is a year off from mine.