Replace shore power plug 330

kirk a

Reaction score
Model
Express 330
Need to replace the shore power connector on the boat - the male portion. Took a quick look at the existing Furrion connector and have a new one in hand. However, the back half of the plug receptacle will not fit through the hole in the transom, and there are no obvious access points in side that portion of gunnel. Additionally, it would be a ridiculous reach from under the floor/bilge area. I pulled the coaming pads off as well, and nothing there. Under the gunnel has nothing either. Any advice would be great.

Effectively, there is not enough scope in the wire to pull the external part away from the transom enough to access the wires.

Love the simple jobs that only involve removing and replacing half a dozen screws that turn out to be day long due to access issues.

nodima

Reaction score
Full cirlce on this one. Splashed this week, and was able to replace the plug. The old one had a plastic housing that expanded once through the hole, so it was a matter of bending the 4 plastic tabs so they'd fit back through the hole. Once that was complete, it was childs play to redo the connections. Power restored.

Reactions: wspitler

georgemjr

Reaction score
Thanks for the update, was wondering what the glitch was, as I replaced mine and didn't remember it being a huge deal. VERY IMPORTANT FYI: Check and replace if they aren't in good shape. My brother-in-laws Albemarle burnt to waterline starting at that connection, days before it was supposed to change hands in a sale.

Reactions: kirk a