replace tv on 330 express

blockandtackle

Reaction score
Any 330 express owners have a reasonable solution to replacing the factory installed Sharp 15" (LC-15S5U) TV? It seems most, if not all, TV's are now wide screen models and will not fit in the same hole. Not looking to do any "major" modifications if I can avoid it but this TV is discontinued and don't see any used ones currently on craigslist or ebay. Just wondering what other 330 owners might have done. Thanks for your advice.

Wally World

Reaction score
Hey Block,
I replaced my TV with a standard LCDTV and put it on a wall mount bracket that is a swing arm. It is attached to the left side so it can swing out. It fits pretty close to the opening and the tension on the arm is tightened enough so it sits right in place. The nice thing I found was that there was a 110V outlet right behind the fridge below to plug right into so I didn't have to run any wiring to the panel. Works Great and looks clean since the wire still goes back and down below. I think my TV is an 18". I will look and repost the model. Hope this helps some.

blockandtackle

Reaction score
Thanks Wally. That sounds like it could be the easiest solution here. Would love to see a pic if you have one. Thanks again!
Seth

gulfcart

Reaction score
I replaced mine over a year ago when I had my 33. Took me a while but I found this TV. It fits perfect in existing spot with same hardware with a little gap on top which works allowing you to use controls.

Sharp LC-15SH7U 15" 1080i HD LCD Television

This isn't made anymore either. I left a search on Ebay and eventually found one for $70. Its also HD Digital. Worked great

sopogrady

Reaction score
Any ideas for replacements for the older Magnavox TV/VCR. I don't want that big open space sitting there. Anyone modified this for a small flat screen? Photos?

blockandtackle

Reaction score
Thanks for the info gulfcart. I just bought the same model tv on ebay. I will gladly live with a small gap on top of tv in exchange for getting rid of the digital converter box.

Coconut330

Reaction score
I replaced mine with a flat screen using a folding wall mount. Works Great

I have pictures just send me your E Mail