Replacement cabin light bulbs

Graybeard

Reaction score
The 2003 Marlin 30 we just bought has 2 cabin lights out. They are little tiny DC light bulbs and I don’t know if I should just pull them out, twist them or here is some secret I don’t know. The manual says G4 bulbs, but I can’t really find any information on them. Anybody out there know what I’m talking about and can point me in the right direction?

seasick

Reaction score
G4 is a type of bulb with two pins as connectors. They should just pull straight up from the socket

DennisG01

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Offshore
Like Seasick said, they just pull straight out. Google for G4 light bulb and you'll see pictures of them - from there it should be obvious.

Graybeard

Reaction score
Thanks guys.....It looks like G4’s come in 6 and 12 v and some are LED for $13-15 each. At least that’s what’s in the Defender Mari e catalog

DennisG01

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Offshore
Would the ones from Home Depot work? Just double check the wattage, I suppose (usually printed on the base). They're probably half or a third of the cost.

Absolutely Nothing

Reaction score
Purchased my 2004 Marlin about a year ago and since replaced as many of the bulbs aboard as I could with LED bulbs. The lighting is improved and energy consumption is less (key when using the batteries). The replacement bulbs are easily found with a google search. On Amazon there are 10 packs for $9.89. The only ones I have left to replace are the spreader lights and the bow navigation lights. Good luck

Fishtales

Reaction score
Gotta love Amazon. Those folks get customer obsession. I can't say the same for Groupon and I'll leave it at that.....