replacement cockpit trim

fastal

Reaction score
I'm probably resurrecting an old topic but here goes.....i have a 1992 sailfish that has the duratrim cockpit trim. unfortunately the trim is beyond repair and the flip method is also out (great tip from Bob P). my question is what are guys replacing this stuff with, i've heard starboard, seaboard, mahogany, teak, but no clear cut consensus. what does grady use now? i also seem to remember people saying starboard can stain and warp. any suggestions etc are much appreciated. happy holidays!

GW VOYAGER

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
If the plastic is in good shape "only faded" you may want to think about spray painting it with the new white plastic paint.
I think white looks better than simulated woodgrain. JMO
I'm not sure but Grady may be doing the white on the trim now.

Steve

1st grady

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
I called Brown at Finadict Marine and he made trim pieces from the correct color starboard for the toe rails and the rod holder recess. I did cut the combing pieces to length and installed them myself. (it takes a little carpentry skill with a power miter saw) It really give the boat an updated appearance. http://www.finaddictmarine.com/

grass is greener

Reaction score
Three and a half years ago i replaced all the teak and fake looking teak on my sailfish with the pvc trim you could buy in Loews or home depot to replace the teak it worked very well no staining issues no warping issues it like working with wood it can be cut and sanded and really made the boat look good without spending big bucks on the starboard kind of products the pvc is the same stuff we use on the exterior trim on shore houses for years with with no problems