Replacement Deck Drains & Hose

PFB1769

I have a 93 Seafarer. The plastic bar that goes across the hole in the deck drain that goes to the stern scupper is broken and the drain needs to be replaced. Does anyone have a recommendation for a replacement deck drain?
I willl also be replacing the hose since it is rotting away and need the size and type of hose. Thanks.

richie rich

Not sure about your exact model drain, but companies like Perko, Attwood, TH Marine and Marelon make some plastic versions....I have the Perko bronze version on the sailfish so its different from the Seaferer....check the websites out...if you want to stay with a plastic, I would go with Marelon if you can get one that fits your application.

BobP

GreatGrady Captain
Can you look under the deck and see if it threads into a 90 deg fitting to hose barb for 1.5 inch hose?
Or another size hose?

Curmudgeon

Your best source of OEM information will be Customer Service. Be advised the drains on a '93 may be discontinued, so you could be looking at a retro-fit. I believe the hoses and scupper are 1.5", and I'd replace both if the scupper isn't already stainless .. :uhm

Fishshoreman

I replaced both my floor drains on the starboard side. I bought them at Somer's Point Marina in New Jersey. I went back with plastic because I am crazy about trying to stay OEM and since the port side ones were ok I wanted them to match. The originals used a straight plastic countersunk drain with a 90 degree elbow screwed onto the end as Bob mentioned. They were 1 1/2". The replacements I bought were plastic countersunk 90 degree fittings so i didn't need the elbows. It was a major PITA but they look good. All the thru hulls are stainless though and I would never use plastic in that application no matter what the factory did. Somer's Point has plenty of the plastic fittings if you want to go that route and they will ship. They are a Grady dealer and I have found many obsolete parts there. They are nice people to boot.

Somers Point Marina
830 Bay Avenue
Somers Point, NJ 08244
609-927-5900
Fax 609-927-5862

http://somerspointmarina.com

Got Grady?

That bar that goes across the hole is a removeable pin. You can remove the drain and push the pin out. I used a piece of stainless rod painted white to replace it on a friends boat.