Replacement deck plate

hjbutler

Well-Known Member
Joined
Oct 28, 2021
Messages
46
Reaction score
6
Points
8
Location
Lake Texoma
Model
Adventure
Hello everyone!

I'm looking to replace some of the deck plates on my 1994 Adventure. Picture is attached. If possible, I'd like an exact match so I don't have to drill all new holes! Thanks for any information. deck plate.jpg
 
it is a Beckson 6" pop-out plate. (its a 6" opening so they call it 6". Do not get 8" it will be wrong) They come in a screw in type also. They come in white, beige, grey, black and clear.
You can get cheaper brands also.

For decks, the pop-out type are best. They don't have an indented finger space to "puddle". For motor wells and brackets, get the screw in type so they can't pop out and sink your boat.

They will say "do not silicone" but everyone uses silicone....
 
  • Like
Reactions: igblack87 and Ekea
They both work well if maintained. I use pop-in's with new o-rings and SuperLube. I am switching my splash well plates to screw-in for added safety. They all still need to be maintained.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Halfhitch
In comparison, a screw in plate has more integrity - especially as pop-ins get older. But as far as which one keeps water out better - there's really no difference if they're maintained.
 
I agree that screw in plates are more 'secure' but they can also be a bear to remove. Having a special wrench to unscrew the plate can be a big help. The longer the plates are installed and not exercised and cleaned ( the inside threads) the more likely they are to bind. I have punched holes in screw in plates while trying to unscrew them.
 
I replaced all my pop outs with screw in... I lube up the threads with magic lube which is silicone lube we use in the pool industry. I tighten them just enough where I dont need a tool to unscrew. I would not focus on whether or not you have to redrill. if so, just fill in the old holes with a dab of 5200 and send it