Replacement Hinges for 87’ Overnighter

garrettsquibb

Reaction score
Model
Overnighter
Hello, I am looking for replacement hinges for my 1987 Overnighter. They are the ones on the fish box. I’ve done a bunch of research but can’t seem to find anything that would fit. Please let me know where I can get some! Thank you!50356BCE-E365-4755-9EF6-D2730BA2DB0F.jpegF0800B8A-BDE4-4A34-9236-5A9CF399EEB5.jpeg

BlueComet

Reaction score
Model
Overnighter
Garrett,
I'm on the same boat (literally and figuratively). I have an 88 with the same issue.
I think they were Perko, but that design stopped a long time ago. No answer from Grady on the make/model (I've asked too).
I'm considering getting some custom done, not sure how much that would cost but I imagine it's not cheap. Maybe Guden can make them? www.gunden.com. Their main catalog shows a similar T/strap hinge on Page 30.

Hello, I am looking for replacement hinges for my 1987 Overnighter. They are the ones on the fish box. I’ve done a bunch of research but can’t seem to find anything that would fit. Please let me know where I can get some! Thank you!View attachment 28146View attachment 28147

wahoo33417

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Sailfish
I found replacements at Boat Owner's Warehouse. I don't believe they were the same brand as Grady used originally, but they were an exact fit.

Unfortunately, BOW's website is difficult to navigate and doesn't necessarily reflect what you find in the store.

Rob

oldrusty

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Overnighter
Hi Rob I also own a 1992 Ovenighter and I am interested in buying the same hinges as you. Mine are still working good but a little pitted. I went to the Boat Owners Warehouse and your right, tough site to find anything ,sometimes not even picture of items, and I could not be sure of the proper item.
Maybe you could list the item number for those hinges. I would appreciate it. Thanks in advance
Dennis

seasick

Reaction score
I am not familiar wit that company, so I tried to look but the site is currently not reachable. It could have crashed or is busy or is not the correct URL.
I used boatownerswarehouse.com

wahoo33417

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Sailfish
Its actually BOW.com. But I looked on their site and couldn't find them either. I will try to get by there over the next few days and see if they have any.

Rob

wahoo33417

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Sailfish
I have made a mistake. My hinges are not like those on the Overnighter. Apparently, I'm getting my past Grady's confused with current. Still, I went to the nearby BOW, but, unfortunately, they did not have anything like that shown in the photo for the Overnighter.

I'm sorry to have sounded like I had the answer when I didn't.

Rob